DR. ARUNA MEHTA RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
This research scholarship award for the Postgraduate students of India has been proposed by Dr.Shanker Iyer under the aegis of Indian Prosthodontic Society in the honour of his post graduate guide late Dr.Aruna Mehta, a passionate and dedicated academician in the field of prosthodontics.
The permanent jury would include Dr Rangarajan ( Permanent EC member) and Dr. Saloni Mehta Mistry (EC member IPS), the daughter of Dr. Aruna Mehta. The jury committee for the year 2020-2022 include Dr Akshay Bhargava (IPS President ), Dr Gopichander (Editor IPS), Dr Manish Katyayan (IPS EC), Dr Neeta Pasricha (IPS EC), Dr Mahesh Gowda (IPS EC) which would be renewed every 2 years.
Dr. Shankar Iyer has made a generous contribution to the IPS for strictly funding Research through this Scholarship Award.
Our vision is to support and promote young minds for innovative thought process and to stimulate research in our fraternity.
Assessment criteria for research scholarship award
- The research project should be an innovative & there should be novelty in the research question.
- The research project should be based on recent trends currently applicable to the field of prosthodontics.
- The research project is to be direct clinical significance, & the results are not be extrapolative in nature
- Research project can also contribute to the material science in the field of prosthodontics.
- Limitations should not make the research project inconclusive.
- Conduction of the research project would be given due weightage.
- The research project should be conclusive and not just an innovative idea to be further explored.
- Research project should be conducted with standardised protocols and at a certified testing lab/facility.
- The research scholarships will be awarded to the Postgraduate students in the following two categories : The Treasurer of IPS Dr. George P. John would be responsible for the accounting and dispersal of scholarship
1st prize-INR 30,000
2nd prize-INR 20,000
- The successful candidates will be have an opportunity to spend a week with Dr. Shankar Iyer in his practice in NJ as preceptors to receive 40 hours of CE credits ( $1500 value). The travel, accommodation and other expenses will be borned by the candidates.
- This awarded scholarship has to be purely used for research purpose only.
- The applicant has to be an IPS member and apply only ONCE in his/her tenure of post-graduation.
- The application should be sent online as well as in hard copy format to the aforementioned address and email.
- A pilot research project and its results are mandatory to qualify for the application process and have to be submitted along with synopsis.
- After screening, 10 applicants will be shortlisted & would be intimated.
- The 10 selected applicant will present their research project at the PG convention preconference course (PCC) day every year in front of a jury in a single session following which the 2 best research projects will be declared for the scholarship at the valedictory function of the PG convention.
- The absence of delegate in valedictory function shall not entitle to receive the award.
- In the absence of winner in valedictory function the award cannot be transferred to the delegate in next position or it cannot be received by the authorized person / substitute. It shall remain un-awarded in the absence of winning student delegates.
- No parallel 1st and 2nd award or additional awards can be instituted in the IPS- PG convention for the best research project.
- All decisions by the jury committee are final and any attempts by applicants to persuade the committee during the process will result in immediate disqualification.
- The 2 recipients of the research scholarship (awardee) should submit the progress of research project which would be monitored and sent to the jury every 4 months on regular basis. The required format would beregular basis. The required format would be intimated at a later date.
- It is mandatory for the awarded applicant to publish their research in any reputed journal within 2 years of the completion of the research project.
- These guidelines could be subjected to revision in future if needed.
How to apply?
Postgraduate students can submit a research proposal (for example, a postgraduate dissertation synopsis or a research project) in 900 words with title, aim, background rationale, objectives, methods, pilot research project, results, proposed analysis and references. The fellow applicant will be the only author and he will be considered for the award.
To be included in the submission
Document 1 : Application form
Document 2: Title page (in MS Word, Arial font, size 14, double spacing): Title of the research proposal, name of the author, name of the institute, contact address, telephone no. and email ID of the first author).
Document 3: Undertaking (a scanned image or PDF): A letter to the jury of Dr. Aruna Mehta research scholarship award should be sent on the institute letterhead signed by the student and countersigned by the Dean/ Principal of the college stating that the proposal submitted is of research to be undertaken or underway (and not completed or published) with no plagiarism, no conflict of interest and has necessary ethical clearance.
Document 4: Research proposal (in MS Word, Arial Font, Size 14, double spacing) without mentioning the name of the author.
ALL ONLINE AND HARD COPY SUBMISSION TO BE ADDRESSED TO IPS SECRETARY AND MAILED TO IPS HEAD OFFICE
Email id – email@example.com
Indian Prosthodontic Society
No:34, Ground Floor, Topaz, 6-3-680/2, Punjagutta, Hyderabad
|THE LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION
|31 st December 2021
|Intimation of list of 10 selected candidates.
|Will Be Announced later
|PowerPoint presentations & declaration of award
|Every year corresponding with the dates of IPS PG convention.